Magical Denim that Won't Break the Bank - Sensible Stylista

Magical Denim that Won't Break the Bank

Sensible Stylista's all about shopping smart, and that means knowing when to save versus when to splurge.  A lot of people mistakenly assume that there's a direct correlation between price tag and quality, but I'm here to tell you guys that that's not always the case.  When it comes to denim, I opt for the more affordable options because they fit and feel better than the designer styles I own (...and trust me, I own quite a few).
My fave store for jeans is Aeropostale.  I know they have a not-so-great rep, but I swear by their denim.  I've purchased at least 6 pairs of pants from them, and they all fit beautifully.  My mom was actually the who got me hooked! They were having a huge blowout sale so she went in and got her browse on.  Their jeans were $15 at the time so she ended up purchasing a bunch: 3 pairs for herself and 2 pairs for me.  I was hella skeptical when she presented her haul, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt because she has fantastic taste in clothes.  Lo and behold, 5 years later they're still wardrobe staples.  No joke.  Definitely give them an unbiased shot!  You'll pay less than $20 for killer jeans that'll last you year after year.  You're welcome in advance.
Stitch Fix is yet another favorite, but since I'm super picky with pants, I didn't even bother ordering them in my fixes.  I just assumed they'd be fails, BUT when I visited SF for their 3-day influencer event, I tried on their jeans, and it's been a done deal ever since.  I now ask for denim every time I place an order!  Their pieces tend to be a bit more expensive than Aero, but that's what your style survey's for - just remember to set a budget for your stylist so he or she knows what you're comfortable with financially.
If you're still set on purchasing designer denim - which is totally fine BTW - be smart and don't pay full-price! Stores like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Last Call carry lines like Joe's, 7 for all Mankind, and the like for less.  Also, since denim's timeless, take advantage of blowout sales (ie. after-Christmas, back-to-school) and stock up. Anywho, that's it for today guys! I hope you found this helpful, and let me know what you think of their denim if you give either of 'em a try.

Photography by Sung Shin & Jared Wolfe.

3 comments

  1. Lovely post! I'll have to check Aeropostale's denim range. Thanks for the share 😊

    Jo x

    www.outlanderly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wuhuu very beautiful :D

    http://tembelprenses.blogspot.com.tr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looks !

    sara
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete